tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 23 13:25:38 1996

My "Hello" to the list

Gang,

I guess I ought to say hello to the list. I would have done it in thlIngan
Hol but I've already posted in it and now I've realised that I made a
mistake in my translation.

As a little resume, I've had TKD for a few years now but I misplaced it for
a while. Since then, I've become "Internet aware" and now that I've found
this list, I've finally rediscovered my dictionary (after ordering a new one
from the KLI ... I also took out an annual membership). I'm 24 and live in
the UK and do enjoy the various Star Trek series'. tlhIngan Hol is a very
interesting language and I'd like to be able to use it properly.

So now, what's this "KLBC" subject thing I've read of ?? I gather it's
something to do with being a beginner ? Should I use it ? It mentions
nothing of it in the "welcome to the list" message.

And I apologise for messing up ! My post, Subject: <Dah yu'wI' jIH> intended
to ask the following ...

"Subject: Now I have a question"

"What is everyone's job ?"

"Is everyone researchers and scientists ?"

"Can anyone actually read tlhIngan Hol properly ?"

but I used <QaptaH> to mean "job" (because TKD said "work, function -  Qap")

Should I have used <vumtaH> seeing as I got the wrong idea about <Qap> ??

Can one of the grammarians read my post and comment please ???

Qapla'

Rob

--

|           tlhIngan Hol             |    Why not take a quick peek at     |

Back to archive top level