tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 22 21:24:52 1996

Wired magazine

As mentioned at the qep'a', there is an article in Wired magazine which
discusses the Klingon language.  I read the article today, and was quite
impressed.

The main focus of the article was artifical languges in general, but used
Klingon as a point of interest.  Its title is "Dejpu'bogh Hov rur qablIj".
 It talked about Marc Okrand, Lawrence Schoen, and even d'Armond Speers and
his son.  The Klingon language was put in a very good light.

However, they did not give the URL for the KLI, nor was I able to access the
website given for the article itself.  I managed to navigate around the
magazine online, but could only find a bit of the article.  The URL given was
www.wired.com/4.08/a-languages/

One other interesting thing: on the cover of the magazine, there is some
writing in Klingon, using the KLI pIqaD, which says "yIHujqu'".  I wonder
which meaning of {Hur} they were referring to.  And while I'm at it, just who
gave them that word and the appropriate pIqaD font?

If anyone else has any luck getting onto that web site, let us know.

SuStel
Stardate 96559.0

Back to archive top level