tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 22 09:08:07 1996

Klingon Pages on MSN

The qep'a' is over!  It was fantastic fun, and worth the trip many times
over.  I will, however, let others relate details of the experience.  :)

One of the things that came up, though, was a discussion of the Klingon
area in the new "Star Trek: Continuum" on The Microsoft Network.  One
particular feature of interest was the "Word of the Day."  We have
confirmation from Okrand that some of the words there are new, which
generated quite a bit of interest.  These are words created by Okrand, for
MSN.

So, I've checked it out.  So far there are about 15 or so words there, none
of which are new.  The interface is pretty nice, though there are annoying
"phonetic" [sic] descriptions of how to pronounce the words.  With each
word, you get to hear MO pronouncing it, which is nice.  There's also a
good picture of MO there, all smiles.  There are a couple of misspellings
in the index, but on the word's page it is spelled correctly (so far).  I
will check in from time to time, and post any new words found there to this
list.

There's an expert's forum on MSN for discussing Klingon, entitled "Marc
Okrand."  So far there's only a couple of posts (hi Lisa!).  We'll see if
it can maintain a high quality of discussion.

--Holtej

Back to archive top level