tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 22 08:47:49 1996

The Way of the Warrior

I am working on a project that compares possible tlhIngan Combat Systems with
tera'ngan systems.

I notice that MO used the following on the title page of TKW:

      tlhIngan  tIgh:  SuvwI'  DevmeH paq
<The Klingon Way :   A Warrior's Guide>

tIgh means  custom.  Now this might work for TKW.  However I plan on a article
for The Way of The Warrior.  This way is not customs but a path through life.
 In concept this is how most warrior cultures on Earth have seen them.

So following that concept:

yIn He  <course of life>

SuvwI'  < Warrior >

hence
      SuvwI' yIn He  <the course of life of the warrior>

This to me conveys the meaning of the Way of the Warrior more accurately.
Qapla'
wov vIt

Back to archive top level