tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 17 08:43:21 1996

Re: Words for "God"

>From the klingon.faq or kli-hist.txt I gleaned that the Klingon name for
>G-d is Durgath [sic].  And, the Klingons believe in Fate and relief from
>Fate by doing good deeds (honorable deeds, most likely) to attract
>Durgath's attention.

I think the names Durgath and Cymele were used for deities in one of the
old series Star Trek novels.  In "The Final Reflection", I recall
something like "There are no gods, and even if there were they do not
help..." or something like that.  Then again, there may be more than one
Klingon religion.  (Certainly, there are many on Earth.)

 dave yeung

Back to archive top level