tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 16 08:59:11 1996

pronouncing Klingon words

  Someone wrote about trying to buy a betleH alias bat'telh in the real world.
It would be interesting to know what attempts at pronouncing the word are made
by shop assistants etc who have to handle them but are not interested in
Klingon language. (Same as, a shop assistant in our students' union shop,
faced with the Lovecraftian demon-name {Cthulhu} in the title of a book that
was on her shelves, pronounced it `Skull'.)
  Likewise I would likely be quite rich if I had a bar of gold pressed latinum
every time some librarian or postman etc pronounced {HolQeD} as {holkwed}.

Back to archive top level