tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 16 04:20:04 1996

targh tIq

ghItlhpu' [email protected] (Subject: Other Skybox stuff):-

  ### Sorry about my previous message with this title, which is merely an echo
of [email protected]'s message: some work arose here and I had to abort out of
my emailer quick, and the partly-worked-on message got sent by mistake. ###

> In the first sentence of S19, we find {labmeH 'evnagh Se' tlhIngan QumwI'},
> "A Klingon communicator sends a signal through subspace radio."  Errr . . .
> have you noticed that there is no main verb in there?  Translating it myself,
> I come up with "A Klingon communicator, in order that subspace radio
> frequencies transmit." ...

Try {lab tlhIngan Qumwi' 'evnagh <radio> lo'} = "A Klingon communicator
transmits, it uses subspace radio.": and let its first messsage be to Okrand
to tell him that we need a word for "radio"!

> In S21 ... {... qagh, ro'qegh'Iwchab, targh tIq Sop 'e' lungIl Humanpu'
> puS.} "Klingon food is best when served fresh and live.  Few humans dare to
> eat gagh, rokeg blood pie, or heart of targ."

<black pudding> Sop <be_many>bogh Humanpu'.

Back to archive top level