tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 12 15:37:58 1996

Re: tlhIngan Hol books

Okay, the A.C. Crispin words:

Heghba� ritual suicide (n) {from Sarek, the novel by A.C.
Crispin}

norgh shark-like sea carnivore (n) {from Sarek, the novel
by A.C. Crispin}

It's not exactly a lot to be excited about.

charghwI'

On Wed, 10 Jul 1996 06:33:25 -0700 Joel Peter Anderson
<[email protected]> wrote:

> HoD jubwI' writes:
>  > > [email protected] (Alan Anderson) wrote:-
>  > > There are many novels that "use" Klingon, but few do it well. One actually
>  > > is considered a source of true Klingon vocabulary, because the author seems
>  > > to have gotten a word or two directly from Marc Okrand. I don't know the
>  > > details of its publication, but its title is "Sarek".
>  >
>  > I read that book but I don't remember tlhIngan Hol being used in it. I
>  > don't even remember a Klingon being in it.
>
> lIjqu'ta' Hoch!
>
> This discussion went on for a while some time ago - when GEnie still
> had lively discussion and I was a member there.  A.C.Crispin, the
> author of _Sarek_ was on GEnie, and I had exchanged messages with her
> regarding the book, both its Vulcan and Klingon aspects.  I cannot
> remember the words used - perhaps the list archive has them noted.
>
> As to whether there were Klingons... well, they were only the main
> apparent villains, and the final section took place on Qo'noS, so yeah
> - there were a *COUPLE* of bumpy-heads popping up....

> Also, regarding tlhIngan Hol books, there are a number of books
> available from the ILS.   I'm sure a list could be found if
> we wanted to be complete in this discussion (and fair).
>

>  joel anderson * [email protected] * [email protected]
>    mIghghachvo' yImej 'ej yIQaQ; roj yInej 'ej Dochvam yItlha'
>     http://pages.prodigy.com/mrklingon * [email protected]

Back to archive top level