tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 11 10:48:32 1996

Re: `Kahless' book

>Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 00:17:15 -0700
>From: "A.Appleyard" <[email protected]>

>  The non-standard phonetics in {Kurn} as well as {Worf} may mean that the
>Worf familyvame from an area of Qo'noS that spoke a non-standard dialect or
>language, or at least had spoken a non-standard dialect or language recently
>enough for a stock of traditional names with non-standard phonetics to survive
>to Picard's time.

I have heard it attributed to Okrand that Worf's name is actually wo'rIv.
This is pretty plainly a backfit, and I actually have always wondered where
we got this from.  Can anyone confirm this spelling of Worf's name?  I seem
to recall hearing it from Nick.  nIchyon, bIQIj'a'?

~mark

Back to archive top level