tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 11 09:50:06 1996

Re: KLBC: Questions on word translation

Thanks for your suggestions

At 20.02 08/07/96 -0700, you wrote:

>I believe the word you're looking for is {tuq}.

Yes, I discovered that there is a new word tuq, House, tribe (clan?) (n),
from The Klingon Way p.34 ( Niall Hosking <[email protected]>)
So I suppose that should be canon and can be used without fear of mistaking.

>How about {nuqDaq bogh}?

You suggest to turn it in a question? That could be a good idea, so it's
possibile to use terms that are verbs in a correct way.

>> Date of issue          jajtagh

>I would use {ghorgh tagh}.

Placing it as a question, prevent to use the same term in a affirmative
sentence, how can I say "The date of issue is XXX" It wouldn't be logic to
say "ghorgh tagh XXX" , because it would be a question.

>How about {ghorgh rIn}?

It would have the same problem as the previous term.

>> sex
>You can get by with {loD be' ghap}, but there must be a better way.

Nice try, that could be a good way to get around it. I can't figure out any
other ways if there is no canon term for it.

Thanks again,

Andrea

Back to archive top level