tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 11 03:35:48 1996

Re: KLBC: Questions on word translation

qaSDI' 96-07-10 20:53:23 EDT, jatlh ghunchu'wI':

[edited for brevity]> Andrea writes:
>  >Surname (Family name)
>  >Nationality
>  >Date of Birth
>  >Place of Birth
>  >Date of issue
>  >Date of expiry
>  >Residence
>  >sex
>  >Height
>  >color of eyes

>  It sounds an awful lot like you're trying to translate a driver's license
>  or something similar.  DON'T DO IT LIKE THIS! :-)  Don't label a bunch of
>  blanks and fill them in.  Don't attempt to translate "hair:  black"; say
>  instead {qIj jIb} "the hair is black".

If you want to create a form which must be filled out, why not ask questions
or give commands instead of using nouns:

tuq pong yIghItlh:
ghorgh bIbogh?
nuqDaq bIbogh?
ghorgh navvam Hevlu'?
nuqDaq 'oH juHlIj'e'?

etc.  I have a feeling a Klingon would take his knife, thrust it through the
paper and into the table, and say, "Klingons do not do paperwork!"

SuStel
Stardate 96526.2

Back to archive top level