tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 08 20:58:48 1996

Re: Question + KLBC

Captain 'aDI writes:
>nuq "ghogh1.wav"Daq jatlh ghaH ?
>
>I wanted to say : What does he say in "ghogh1.wav".
>I'm not convinced where nuq should be placed. I've put it as an
>object (TKD 6.4, pag 69 ). Is that correct ?

If it's an object, it should come after the locative.  Nouns marked
with {-Daq}, {-vaD}, {-vo'} etc. are neither objects nor subjects,
and they come *before* the object.

If you really intend to use {-Daq}, the word order should be:
{"ghogh1.wav"Daq nuq jatlh ghaH?}

>Question: how can I say: in ghogh1.wav at ftp.kli.org...(something )
>Is it correct this way : ftp.kli.org Sambogh ghogh1.wav .....
>ghogh1.wav which is located at ftp.kli.org.
>Should I append a -Daq after ftp.kli.org ?

If you think a physical locative is appropriate, then yes, {-Daq} goes
on the location.  However, your sentence has another problem.  {Sam} is
"locate, seek and find"; for "is located at" you can probably say this:
{ftp.kli.org-Daq ghogh1.wav tu'lu'bogh}

>jIbel chojangchugh.
>I am pleased if you answer me.
>How could I say : I would be [something] ?

The {-chugh} takes care of most of this meaning.  To get the rest of the
way there, consider the verb suffix {-qang} "willing".