tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 08 20:58:50 1996

Re: Here I am again

~mark writes:
>>  (3) What is the Klingon for "spacesuit"?
>
>I don't know of one.  One could perhaps come up with a circumlocution like
>{logh HIp} (I believe we've seen {logh} used for "outer space"
>specifically).

{loghSut} would be a pretty direct translation of "spacesuit", and I don't
think it's a bad one.

In _The Klingon Way_ page 33, we find {loghDaq Suvrupbogh SuvwI'pu' chaH
Hoch SuvwI'pu''e'} "In space, all warriors are cold warriors."  Commentary
after the phrase confirms that {logh} indeed refers to outer space.