tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 08 05:39:16 1996

KLBC: jIlIH'egh [Introduction]

pongwIj 'oH *Katy* 'e'.  *England*Daq jIyIn.  *Bath* DuSaQ'a'Daq jIvum.

[I'm called Katy.  I live in England and work at the University of Bath -
DuSaQ'a' is the closest I could get to saying "University" - advice,
anyone?]

paqmey vaSDaq jIvum.  De' lunej ghojwI'pu'.  chaH vIQaH 'ej vIqeS.  vaj
tlhIngan pongwIj 'oH Sov polwI' 'e'.

[I work in the Library (hall of books??).  The students search for
information and I help and advise them.  That's why my Klingon name is
'Keeper of Knowledge']

tighmey luDechmey je vIHaDtaH. DaH *Wiltshire*Daq bIQ Halmey tIQ vIQultaH.

[I'm studying customs and traditions (ie I'm a folklorist).  At the moment
I'm researching ancient wells in Wiltshire (does bIQ Hal = water source?
and I really want to say holy/sacred wells... words! words! give me
words!)]

Holmey vIjatlh 'e' vItIv.  *Star Trek* tlhInganpu' je vIparHa'.  vaj
tlhIngan Hol vIHaDtaH.

[I enjoy speaking languages.  I like Star Trek and Klingons - that's why
I'm studying Klingon.]

Katy Sov polwI'

PS  ghunchu'wI' - I've lurked on the list for ages and have read your
intro many times - so no need to explain who you are.  I've tried to keep
it simple - and the translations should make the incoherent bits clear!

Katy Jordan		Librarian, School of Modern Languages
				& International Studies
			Librarian, School of Architecture
				& Civil Engineering
			Staff Development & Training Officer.

Library			Tel: +44-(0)-1225-826826 X5612
University of Bath	Fax: +44-(0)-1225-826229
Bath. BA2 7AY		Email: [email protected]
United Kingdom