tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 08 03:07:42 1996

Age of Ascension

qastan nuq
        "DaHjaj SuvwI'e' jiH. tIgwIj Sa'angNIS. Iw bIQtIq jIjaH."

        above was cited from the Age of Ascension Ceremony
________________

Age of Ascension Ceremony
             This ritual, also known as the Klingon Rite of Passage, marks
the attainment of a      new level of spirituality for a Klingon warrior.
First the ascendee proclaims "DaHjaj SuvwI'e' jiH. tIgwIj Sa'angNIS. Iw
bIQtIq jIjaH." - Today I am a Warrior. I must show you my heart. I travel
the river of blood. Then the ascendee walks between two rows of warriors who
subject him or her to painsticks. The ascendee is expected to express his or
her most profound feelings while under this extreme duress. The ceremony can
be repeated as the warrior grows in maturity.

I wish I could do this so I could become a full blood Klingon. Could this
happen virtually?

Qapla'

qeq

Back to archive top level