tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 06 17:20:38 1996

Mathematics

I have just received and read the March 1996 HolQeD regarding mathematics:
 Since we have not reached definite conclusions yet, I will make some more
comments.  All along I have been in favor of using {moj} as the "equals" key.

However, I must argue in favor of using the verb suffix -DI' over -chugh.

This gives:  wej chelDI' vagh chorgh moj
Hut nge'DI' loS vagh moj
HutmaH wej wavDI' wej wejmaH wa' moj

I am still having trouble with multiplication.  I have tried vaghlogh wa'maH
wej ghurDI' javmaH vagh moj.  Naturally, this is inconsistent with the other
pattern for addition, subtraction, and division.

Just for the record:  I have long looked at maHvI', bIpvI', etc. with favor.
 These follow the pattern of vatlhvI', of course.  Against KLI's admonitions,
I have evaluated syllables of bound words.  I think that vI' is the word
"accumulates."  Even my Klingon name is two extractions which have never been
seen standing alone.  peH comes from peHghep and ruS comes from ruStay.  My
name means "Included in the Bonding."

Yes, I expect comments on this.

reH batlh tlhIngan Hol ghojtaHjaj Hoch

Qapla'