tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 05 20:38:45 1996

Re: Naming {Mogh}

In a message dated 96-07-05 00:27:26 EDT, ghunchu'wI' wrote:

> David Barron suggests:
>  >jaghpu' moghmoHlu'meH
>  >Thats my 1st attempt: "In order to cause one's (unspecified subject)
>  >                       enemies to be frustrated."
>
>  I don't like the implications of using {-moH} and {-lu'} at the same
>  time.  This seems to be trying to say that the enemies are caused to
>  frustrate, not that they are caused to be frustrated.  This is weird
>  enough that I would rather avoid it than attempt to work through it
>  logically.

qatlh taQ?  I simply read it as "In order that one causes enemies to be
frustrated."  I think David Barron's English translation is flawed
(bIQaghlaw'pu'neSqu', David), but I don't see why {-moH} and {-lu'} are hard
to understand in this example.

SuStel
Hovjaj 96512.1

Back to archive top level