tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 09 17:27:19 1996

Re: Naming {Mogh}

David Barron suggested:

SuStel writes:
>qatlh taQ?  I simply read it as "In order that one causes enemies to be
>frustrated."  I think David Barron's English translation is flawed
>(bIQaghlaw'pu'neSqu', David), but I don't see why {-moH} and {-lu'} are hard
>to understand in this example.

I guess in this example, indeed in most examples, it *isn't* all that hard
to understand -- never mind.  I saw the {-moHlu'-} an panicked. :-(
reH latlh qabDaq qul tuj law' Hoch tuj puS.

The canon example is {HeghqangmoHlu'pu'} "it made him/her willing to die".
I've tried to work through it often, and I've never been able to make it
fit right in my mind.