tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 05 15:10:45 1996

Re: Big Enterprise

On Thu, 27 Jun 1996 23:16:42 -0700 [email protected]
wrote:

> Recently, while watching Star Trek 5, I came across an interesting thing said by
> the Klingon captain of that movie (can't remember the name...was it torgh?).
> His first officer mentions the Enterprise to him, and he says what sounded like:
> {enterpray'a'} (captions: "Enterprise?").  Getting to the point, my question is:
> I thought the interrogative verb suffix {-'a'} could not be used on nouns, and
> he certainly didn't mean the augmentative noun suffix {-'a'} for big
> Enterprise...did Okrand ever explain this?  Or was it just a mistake?

The one dodge for ST5 (definitely the worst of all ST
movies) was that the crew was very back-woods and did not
speak proper Klingon. There were many errors in the movie,
including something as basic as placement of noun
conjunctions...

> Qapla'
> -chIya'ghu

charghwI'