tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 04 22:56:40 1996

Re: KLBC: Introductions

In a message dated 96-07-03 18:11:15 EDT, chIya'ghu writes:

>You would probably know by the introduction or context.  Also, I don't see
>how
>{qeylIS puqloD matlh} can be Kahless' loyal son since matlh is not an
>adjective.....

Please note that verbs entered into TKD including "be such and such" are also
known as Stative Verbs.  SVs are used as Adjectives.  They do follow Nouns.
 Thus, we get:

mach puq = The child is small.
puq mach = the small child.

In conclusion, puqloD matlh does = loyal son.

As others have said, context would reveal that qeylIS puqloD matlh = Kahless'
son Maltz.

Qapla'

peHruS

Back to archive top level