tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 04 22:50:48 1996

Re: KLBC

In a message dated 96-07-03 09:02:15 EDT, Krenath writes:

>Of the vowels, only 'I' was not a word.  Every combination of vowels (at
>least those ending in glottal stops) with H, l, and p formed words.  The
>following did not appear to be words and would possibly make better choices
>for letter-names.

I have seen {'I'}.  It means "armpit."  It was added by MO about a year ago.

BTW, even Chinese has a "spelling" system.  I imagine Klingon has
pronunciations for the letters; we just have not been taught them yet.  In
Chinese we spell "words" by describing their parts and location of those
parts.  We start by saying which of the 218 radicals (character
classification topicalizers) heads the character.  Then we add the sound part
of the character.  Each sound has a popular name, too.

mu' Delbogh mIwmey ghaj je tlhIngan Hol 'e' vIHar 'ach bIH DISovbe'

peHruS

Back to archive top level