tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 03 17:36:52 1996

Re: KLBC: *IRA*

chIya'ghu
>How about:
>
>{HolwIj vIjatlh, tlhIngan Hol} "I speak my language, <the> Klingon Language"
>{HolwIj vIjatlh, tlhInganpu' Hol} "I speak my language, klingons' language"

No, this doesn't work.  "my language" and "Klingon language" are both being
used as the object of the verb, so they both have to be put in the same spot
in the sentence -- *before* the verb.  (Gee, I'm seeing a lot of apposition
lately!)

>{HolwIj vIjatlh, HolwIj 'oH tlhIngan  Hol'e'} "I speak my language.  My
>language
>is the Klingon Language"

The second part really says "the Klingon language is my language", but
otherwise this works.  (It *is* a bit wordy, though.)