tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 03 16:31:20 1996

Re: Big Enterprise

On Wed, 3 Jul 1996 [email protected] wrote:

> putting the 'a' at the end of a word does make it a question. So the
> captain could have said, "The Enterprise?" Just as he might have said
> "The Enterprise---."

How is {enterpray'} spelled?  Is there a glottal stop at the end?  I
reread TKD 16 and it says that when a speaker is surprised, often there
is an echo after a {'}.  Perhaps then the translation "Enterprise?" was
more of a "Enterprise?!"  That is, a question of surprise rather than of
interrogation.  If there is no glottal stop, then perhaps a surprised
Klingon adds a glottal stop AND an echo...

just speculating...

dave yeung

Back to archive top level