tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 02 19:24:20 1996

Re: Big Enterprise

On Tue, 2 Jul 1996 [email protected] wrote:

> ghItlh 'etlhqengwI'
> >The ship *was* the Enterprise "A"
>
> Doubtful they were refering it to the Enterprise as Enterprise A.  Klaa was
> saying "Enterprise, eh?" as in "hmmm....the Enterprise...Kirk's ship..."  The

Maybe Klaa is the Klingon version of a Canadian. :)  I don't think that
in general, you can use {-'a'} for a question.  But perhaps Klaa was
speaking a certain dialect that allows that.  Or maybe {-'a'} really
means "eh?", but just as in English where certain people say "eh?" more
often (Canadians), maybe Klaa is from a planet with unique speech patterns.

dave yeung (from Canada, eh?)

Back to archive top level