tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 02 15:37:56 1996

Re: Klingon alphabetic order (was Re: KLB#)

In a message dated 96-07-01 19:30:13 EDT, Daniel wrote:

> assuming
>  > that the Klingon alphabetical order is the same as ours, which is
>  > unlikely...)
>
>  Unlikely in reality, though, but Marc Okrand on page 77 of TKD says ...

You didn't say what he says (or which book! - TKD).  He says, "Klingon
alphabetical order is:" and then goes on to list the alphabetical order of
the Roman letters.  However, these are NOT Klingon letters.  For all we know,
Klingon may not even USE letters to represent individual vowels and
consonants.  The words are put in Roman letter alphabetical order for ease of
reference, not because there is any Klingon reason for it.

SuStel
Hovjaj 96503.5

Back to archive top level