tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 30 02:23:38 1996

Re: Lang. tapes

>Try not to take liberties with the capitalization; we're all used to seeing
>things written properly.

The file was from May, I have improved from that.
See my home page: every word of Klingon (tm) is
written 'properly'.
I sent it because somebody asked me. Of course I
ought to have sent it directly to the one who asked.
Sorry, it won't happen again.

I can't understand how people can get so pedantic
about a language that's merely a joke in naive
sci-fi movies. Oh, no - now I've deeply offended
the readers' little fancy daydreams... how ghastly...

>But what I am commenting on is that I'm pretty sure it's "maja'chuqjaj":
>may it be that we speak to one another/discuss/converse.  -chu' isn't quite
>what I'd expect here.

Agreed. This can't be the last version, I remember
having corrected this one later.

>>T  biSaHbe' qatlh jatlh         (Miksi sanot ettet piittaa?)
>
>I seem to recall a syllable there: Dajatlh?

That what I would expect too. But I can't hear any prefix
there. This was supposed to be a *transciption*.

>That would be the grammatically correct one.
>Actually the whole thing is weird, since it
>should be a direct quote, using "jISaHbe'".

I understood this: "Why say 'I don't care' "
Almost acceptable?

>>K  tugh. ch-SS.                 (V{h{n {kki{!. tss.)
>>   bije'be'chu' vaj biHegh
>
>Has to be "bIje'be'chugh".

Yes. This is how I heard it. As I said the
actors are terribly sloppy.

Terveisin/cyfarchion/saluton/zai4jian4/sayoonara/Qapla'/best regards,
  Sami    mailto:[email protected] http://www.sci.fi/~pob41/
          suomi|cymraeg|esperanto|english

Back to archive top level