tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 29 10:50:07 1996

KLBC: More Klingon Taglines...

> >Se esperanto placxas vin vi amegos tlhIngan Hol-on.
> [sorry, I can only remember how to count to /kvin/ in Esperanto]

I'll try and put this into Klingon, although since my Esperanto is patchy
also, it could make for an interesting experience...

*Esperanto* Daparchugh vaj tlhIngan Hol DamuSHa'choH.

I was uncertain about whether to include the -choH in the second clause.
Not having my TKD on me at present, I couldn't scan all the
aspect-suffixes to make sure I hadn't missed something obvious. I think
it's understandable either way. I hope ;)

Because I don't have either TKD or transcripts of the cassettes to hand,
I can't recall if there is a verb "to please" (as in "Do I please you?").
The Esperanto is really "If esperanto pleases you, then..." so I guess
you could recast this.

vanya.

Chris Atherton
[email protected]