tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 27 10:11:23 1996

Klingon GUI

Hello everybody on the tlhIngan Hol mailing list and on the
alt.startrek.klingon newsgroup!

I'm working on a little program for the magazine on disk I'm
programming for that will be introducing the Klingon language and
culture (not that much, just the basic ;-)) to our readers.

For this purpose I already made a EGA/VGA ramfont version the pIqaD
characters (looks nice, mail me if you want an example EXE file to try
it on your own PC; any comment welcome!).

But now I would like to give the program a sort of "Klingon look and
feel" and I have no idea how exactly. The Federation GUI is clear of
course (the Technical Manual gives lots of examples, as does the
Interactive Technical Manual of course), but I don't know much about a
"typical Klingon GUI" so to speak.

My question is: Does anyone of your have an example picture of a
Klingon GUI? This could be anything, like still digitized screenshots
from a TNG of DS9 episode that featured Klingon computer panels, a
screendump of a screenn of the new Klingon CD-ROM (I believe it has a
definite Klingon feeling about it, right?). Anything.

If any one of you has such a picture and could send me a copy (so I
have an idea how to make the user interface for my program, including
colours to use etcetera), I would very much appreciate it.

Qapla'
peSHIr (Jarno Peschier)

          Jarno Peschier, [email protected], 2:2802/245.1@Fido
      162:100/100.1@Agora, 74:3108/102.1@QuaZie, 27:2331/214.1@SigNet
     What was was, before was was was? Before was was was, was was is.

Back to archive top level