tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 27 12:42:14 1996

RE: CHARGHWI` <DAHJAJ> LU

 > Dona Bazley writes:
 > >Being a very new comer to learning klingon I wish when someone writes in
 > >Klingon they'd put the translation in English cuz it would help us
 > >new  people see what is trying to be said and  help us learn faster.
 > >PLEEEZEEE

   To which ghunchu'wI' replies:
 >  If you want to follow along, you'll have to
 > put in the effort to translate it yourself.  Only with real practice
 > do skills improve.

To which I add my encouragement:

Dona,
While translations wont be offered you, you have a GREAT oppertunity to
take small steps. Just take the first sentence (or the smallest sentence) and
try to translate it on your own. Everyone of us started by feeling
frustrated when we started learning this infernal language. That is exactly
how we felt when we started to learning to walk and WE DIDN'T GIVE UP,
DID WE? We stumbled alot but we didn't quit trying.

I tell this to everyone who wants to give up in frustration; Frustration is
the FIRST sign you're learning. Embrace it!

Good Luck.
david
---
 * OFFLINE 1.58 *  David Barron    ||           lup Hoch yIyInqu'                   Klingon Language Postal Course  ||           qaStaHvIS wa' lup                   P.O. Box 37, Eagle ID 83616     ||        yInpu' wa'netlh yInmey            It's FREE! Send Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope. Not available by E-mail!       E-mail   [email protected]            Finger me for more details.

Back to archive top level