tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 25 19:49:11 1996

Re: KLBC -- **NEWBIE ALERT!**

charghwI' writes:
>> {jIqeqmeH latlhmey vItlhej vIneH} "I want to accompany others in order to
>> practice."
>
>Are the others scattered all about? jIqeqmeH latlhpu' vItlhej
>vIneH. wej qa'vInlIj Datlhutlhlaw'pu'.

qa'vIn vItlhutlhQo'.  "Mountain Dew" "Dr. Pepper" joq vItlhutlhbej.

As a matter of fact, we -- "the others" -- *are* scattered all about;
but I wasn't thinking that at the time.  There was merely so much other
stuff about the sentence I was trying to correct that I didn't notice
that the wrong "plural" suffix had been used.  {latlh} doesn't say to
me "I can speak!" the way {tlhIngan} or {jup} does, but I should have
noticed it nonetheless, and commented on it.

{latlhmey vItlhej} plays pretty loose with the meaning of the word
"accompany", but I believe it might be a good way to describe being
a member of this list.