tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 25 19:49:12 1996

Re: charghwI's wish list (was Re: perpetual...)

~mark writes:
>...I was merely saying that that particular example (vIH) is one for
>which we have the answer.

We have *an* answer:  {vIH} can be used intransitively.  I can't tell
from the example given whether it can be used transitively.  "Can we
use a verb with both transitive and intransitive meanings?"  A simple
"yes" or "no" from Okrand to answer this question would at least make
the argument of transitivity meaningful; as it is, we don't even know
if the question is important.