tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 24 12:59:39 1996

RE: A letter from Proechel... the man without honor!

I have also received Mr.Proechel's letter and have a similar reaction; namely
revulsion and disapointment.

Firstly, the hyprocacy of accusing Lawrence of declaring warfare in an "open
Letter," and saying that, when the KLI comes out with it's "Hamlet", he won't do
something similar.  It seems to me that his letter is exactly that, an "Open
Letter" btatently hostile.

Of course, his "Hamlet" is out there getting all the publicity (as a sizable
article he's so kindly included shows) while the KLI is still working.  It's
fairly telling that he cranked his out in a matter of weeks.  Weeks!  I'd have
trouble going through "Hamlet" and retyping it in ENGLISH in a couple of weeks,
let alone translating it into a foreign language!

I've seen some of Mr. Proechel's work and I'm almost embarassed to say I
dropped $40 into his cause.  What I got was a T-shirt (not too bad) and his
"Alien Language Primer I."  I am NOT hesitant to say that the production
quality of his book sucked.  His original was obviously on 8 1/2" X 11" sheets
in a spiral binding.  From this he made a master copy reduced and from that
made many more.  This third generation copy was cut in hald and stapled
together with a piece of duct tape for a binding.

And he has the nerve to be irritated when the KLI takes a year to get the
translation right?

Baah!

Lt.Cmdr.Kordite
XO, IKV Dark Justice, KAG