tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 23 19:48:33 1996

Re: Hughwij vIpe'pa' vISov jIpoQu

Regarding "the ship in which I fled", I wrote:
>...The only
>good way to get across the meaning is to break it into two sentences:
>{DujDaq megh Sop HoD.  Dujvetlh vIlegh} "The captain eats lunch in the ship.
>I see that ship."

I shouldn't have used the word "only" -- there are certainly other ways
to communicate the meaning, as charghwI' demonstrates.

charghwI' writes:
>Well, there are often different ways to cast things. I'd cast
>THAT sentence as:
>
>DujvetlhDaq megh Sop HoD 'e' vIleghpu'.

bIyepnIS, charghwI'.  chutHom'e' vIbuSbogh DabIvpu'.
<'e'> lo'lu'taHvIS, not mojaq mut Soch ghajlaH mu'tlhegh cha'DIch wot.
Doghqu'law' chutHomvam, 'ach chutHomvam ghItlhlu'chu'.