tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 23 19:20:15 1996

Re: vocabulary questions

>Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 10:44:02 -0800
>From: "Silauren, Half-Elven" <[email protected]>

>got a couple of posers here:

>1) a word for "road" or "street" (as in a concrete path for ground
>vehicles) -- does <He> ("course, route") work here?  or would i be better
>off with some strange combination of <leng> and <-ghach> (which would be
>ugly and unpreferred)?

I would accept "He".  I could imagine someone not liking it though.  While
it's true that I accepted it when asked by maSqa' recently, he will note
upon reflection that the sentence's meaning is unchanged if you keep the
"abstract" meaning of "He" as well.  Still, I personally would accept it
(probably) for the physical road.

>2) <HIvDuj> appears in Krankor's column in HolQeD 4:4.  i don't recognize
>this word, and TKD only defines <HIv> as a verb.  has <HIv> been
>subsequently (in previous HolQeDs or on the SkyBox stuff or whatever)
>defined as a noun as well, or is this a new ship classification that i
>haven't heard about?

I believe HIvDuj is a word in its own right (battle cruiser?  My list is
not with me).

~mark

Back to archive top level