tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 23 15:09:28 1996

Re: vocabulary questions

According to Silauren, Half-Elven:

> got a couple of posers here:
>
> 1) a word for "road" or "street" (as in a concrete path for ground
> vehicles) -- does <He> ("course, route") work here?  or would i be better
> off with some strange combination of <leng> and <-ghach> (which would be
> ugly and unpreferred)?

For now, just {He} is probably best.

> 2) <HIvDuj> appears in Krankor's column in HolQeD 4:4.  i don't recognize
> this word, and TKD only defines <HIv> as a verb.  has <HIv> been
> subsequently (in previous HolQeDs or on the SkyBox stuff or whatever)
> defined as a noun as well, or is this a new ship classification that i
> haven't heard about?

Krankor's article was intended to reward those who collect
vocabulary from everywhere. While I won't explain the word, I
will direct you toward HolQeD vol. 1, no. 3. Hey, I hope
Lawrence has lots of back issues to sell...

> any help muchly appreciated...
> --naQ'avwI'

charghwI'
--