tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 23 15:31:14 1996

Re:

On 23 Jan 96 at 10:00, William H. Martin wrote:

> According to dlevy:
> >
> > What is with this guy (the author of the book)?
>
> Twisted Ego.

He was a publicity hound. The words of the Tao come to mind,
"One who shows off will not shine
One who promotes himself will get no credit
One who glorifies himself will not become leader"

His damage to the language can be repaired; his damage to our public
image will not be so easily fixed. He played right into the public's
image of Star Trek fans. His terms Klingomania and Klingomaniacs are
perfect examples of this. While the KLI worked diligently to produce
books that one could be proud to display, he spit out hastily printed
photo-copied books. As he appeared to have been the only one working
on them with any knowledge of the language (don't let his constant
use of the pronoun "we" fool you) many of the books contain
errors that a simple proof-read could have avoided. I will wait
another year if I have to for Hamlet, because I am sure that when it
is printed we will all have a valuable tool for promoting the
language and the KLI.
   As I final note, the last I heard "pIntIn" is moving to
Russia.

                                      maSqa'
    "Had I not known that I was dead already,
    I would have mourned the loss of my life"
              -Ota Dokan, Japanese poet
 (written while a knife protruded from his chest)