tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 20 12:51:11 1996

Re: DS9 #31

>quv van je tay: (ritual of) honor and tribute.
>                maSaqqa'lI': We are in the process of arriving again.
>               petlheDrupchoH: Disembark (you will begin being ready
>               to depart)

I'm having problems accepting the above phrases.  Come on, someone.  Convince
me!

I prefer {quvvantay}.  I don't like the feeling I get with {je} in the
middle.

maSaqa'lI' seems to me okay for "We are landing again," with an intentional
goal.  I would use {mapawqa'lI'} for arriving.  The use of {-qa'} Type 3
together with {-lI'} Type 7 seems grammatical enough, to Klingons.

Disembark = go ashore (Webster's dictionary) = lItHa'

Of course, {tIj} means "go aboard."  I have never seen {tIjHa'}, but why
wouldn't it work?

peHruS

Back to archive top level