tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 13 20:58:06 1996

Re: a purely random thought...

Oh well... I thought it was worth a shot anyway. That bit about "the ten
languages of the dagger was nteresting, though. You're right - quite an
evocative phrasiology. Well, thanks for your writing, and I hope it at
least entertained all you Klingons out there! Qapla!

> This doesn't quite work, for two reasons.  First, you've got the order
> reversed.  N1-N2 is translated "N2 of N1" or "N1's N2."  Second, {maH}
> by itself isn't truly a number.  It needs a "real" number tacked on in
> front of it -- ten is {wa'maH}.  I interpret this phrase as being just
> three words, with no grammar holding them together.  I can not get any
> reasonable meaning from it.  If someone did convince me that {maH} can
> mean "ten" standing alone, then I'd translate it as "The ten languages
> of the dagger" or "The dagger's ten languages."  This is a pretty good
> phrase, ripe with possibilities for exploration.  (Okay, I'm trying to
> justify my messages on purpose.  It's merely a way to limit my options
> for expression, and force myself to be creative.  Not that I need more
> creativity, you understand.)
>
> -- ghunchu'wI'               batlh Suvchugh vaj batlh SovchoH vaj

Doug "The MAD Klingon" Pandimen
aka Sergeant D'Karng "tlhIngan-dogh" K'Zharn, IKV QOQ'IQ/IKC De'wI'Daw
c/o: Jacen "The Jedi Twin" Cantwell
Mount Pearl, Newfoundland, Kanada
[email protected]

			* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Why for you bury me in the cold, cold ground..?"
			Tasmanian Devil, "Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies"

"Yeah, I hear they broke the mold, and then shot the sculptor..."
"Ye gods! I actually DON'T CARE!!! Wake me when it's over..."
			Ched Larynx, "The PanDimensional Impossiblist"

"My God! This parachute is REALLY a knapsack..!"
"Hey look! That monkey's got a Ross growing out of his ass!"
"Oh, sorry - you had a paleontologist on your face... But it's gone now, so
you're okay..."
"I think she's trying to tell us something... quick, get the verbs..."
			Chandler Bing, "Friends"

Back to archive top level