tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 11 23:32:18 1996

Re: maDub + Concept of New Use for {-mo'}

>>I have been wrestling with the idea of using {-mo'} (Verb Suffix Type 9) on
>>the sentence which becomes the reference of a Stative Verb.
>
>You can do great things with -mo'.
>
>>I am happy that you are coming to visit.  choSuchmo' jIQuchqu'
>
>Definitely the Right Way to do this.

On occasion I might even try {choSuchchugh jIQuchqu'}.

Is there any acceptance of or prohibition against using both the Verb Suffix
Rover {-Ha'} and the Verb Suffix Rover {-be'} together.  For example, is
jIQuchHa'be' acceptable?  Do Klingons believe in the apositive form in
literature?  How much do Klingons pay attention to rhetoric?  Especially in
light of the evidence that Klingons are so direct.

peHruS

Back to archive top level