tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 11 07:35:19 1996

_Memory_Prime_

A note of interest to the "where do the ST Novels use thlIngan Hol"
discussion [I'm still baffled over my apparently false memory
of  'Iwoy... I *knw* I saw that somewhere... ] is the book
_Memory_Prime_.  I'd read it years ago, (written in 1988)  before
I'd become interestedin tlhIngan Hol, and not even noticed these:

    a pub called Hagh vulqangan ("The Laughing Vulcan")

    an exchange between the barkeep and a patron:

    "nuqneH, vulqangan?"

    "bIQ."

Barkeep spits to insult him, but the Vulcan wipes it up and almost touches
it to his forehead (apparently a tlhIngan betrothal ritual), and the
shocked bartender cries out:

    "ghobe'!"

I'll keep my eyes open for more examples.

[Web note: If you are .wav sound-capable, I can now greet you in my
own voice on the page below.  Just click on "nuqneH"]

    joel peter anderson * [email protected]
       [email protected] * [email protected]
               mIghghachvo' yImej 'ej
        yIQaQ; roj yInej 'ej Dochvam yItlha'