tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 10 23:03:45 1996

Re: perpetual Today Is A Good Day...

> I hate, "Today is a good day to die," and all the weak attempts
> to translate it.

First of all let me state I don't blame you for that and apologize for
keeping on eating this bad can of qagh.

> All this "In order that we die, today is good," translations
> also seem weird and overly attached to the wording of the
> English.

Just one question. I promise this will be my first and last post
concerning the sentence.
Would
	HeghmeH jaj QaQ 'oH DaHjaj'e'

be so awful? jaj is modified with the adjectival verb and a -meH clause,
making it, to my understanding, very near to "good day (in order) to die".
Someone suggested this sentence some time back but was confronted with
the usual dislike towards translation attempts, and the sentence was
left unquoted.

> DaHjaj batlh jIHeghrup!

I agree that this non-literal translation is better.

> charghwI'

 .:ghor:.

Back to archive top level