tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 02 08:56:50 1996

Re: Calendar Ideas

In reference to the one month of which we may "know" the name:

ghItlh tevram

>I believe it's spelled Maktag in the script.  It is.  Stardate 43205.

     I have just viewed "New Ground" again.  Well might the name of the
month of Alexander's birth have been spelled "Maktag" in the script, but
Bonsall pronounced it "Maktak," (mack-tack) that is, both syllable-final
consonants were voiceless velar stops, /k/, and both vowels were low front
vowels, like the way Feds pronounce "Kang."
     This pronunciation would imply a tlhIngan spelling of <meqteq>.

     Qapla'

     qeSmIv HarghwI'

Back to archive top level