tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 13 08:47:08 1996

Re: KLBC Preguntas

On Tue, 13 Feb 1996, Eskil Heyn Olsen wrote:

> yI'Ij
>
> Hi, I'm just peeking out of the readonly-closet again...

	je jIH

>  - On Sun, 11 Feb 1996 22:26:23 -0800, [email protected] said:
>
>   >>> 1. How would you say "Your eyes shine like stars?"  I'm most
>   > I'm still looking for how to say "like/as" something else.
>
> Unfortunately I don't have the TKD at hand, nor have the time to try
> making a translation, but there was a suffix indicating "behaves
> as/acts as". Won't that be appliable ?

	You could use the metaphorical construction, "your eyes are stars
and they shine" {Hovmey mInDu'lIj 'ej boch}.  Alternatively, "stars shine
and your eyes are stars" {boch Hovmey 'ej Hovmey mInDu'lIj}.
	Using poetic license, you could simply say "your eyes are stars which
shine" {bochbogh HovDu' mInDu'lIj}.  (I know I used the body part plural
suffix for star {Hov}.  That was on purpose.)

David A. Terhune			[email protected]
http://www.uccs.edu/~dterhune/		finger for PGP public key

qaStaHvIS wa' ram loS SaD Hugh SIjlaH qetbogh loD.

Back to archive top level