tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 30 15:14:40 1996

Re: Greetings

> You *can* say {nuqneH}, but it might not be appropriate in Klingon
> culture to open a conversation with it.  We are told that {nuqneH} is
> the only Klingon greeting (it is not the word "greeting"), and that it
> means something like "whaddyawant?"

	Yes, I understood. I'm learning  :))

> I don't understand why you used the suffix {-'a'}.  {nuqneH} is not a
> noun or a verb; it stands alone as an exclamation.  There aren't any
> suffixes that fit on exclamations, unless you count putting {-Ha'} on
> a lone adverbial.

	Okay...I though one thing, but it means other thing. Sometimes is
very difficult to use the correct expression. It's impossible to
translate some portuguese expressions to english and vice-versa. That was
my foult.

> >I'm a brasiliam musician graduating in comunication.
>
> Good for you -- communication is what language is all about!
> I understand there is a Portuguese edition of The Klingon Dictionary.
> With luck, you will be able to find a copy.

	Well...I bought the english version of TKD, but I think I'll not
have problem. I have a friend who are helping me too. Slowly I'm learning
the klingons way!!!

> >Qa'pla

	Other doubt:  Qa'pla or Qapla' ?

> Success to *you* in your studies!
> (It's spelled {Qapla'}, by the way.)
>
> -- ghunchu'wI'

	Thank you very much!  A GREAT NEW YEAR for you and all klingon's
community!

--
Francisco Fonseca; Eduardo "Edy" Fonseca
[email protected]

Back to archive top level