tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 27 14:23:18 1996

Re: Greetings

Eduardo "Edy" Fonseca writes:
>Greetings, or can I say nuqneH'a'?

You *can* say {nuqneH}, but it might not be appropriate in Klingon
culture to open a conversation with it.  We are told that {nuqneH} is
the only Klingon greeting (it is not the word "greeting"), and that it
means something like "whaddyawant?"

I don't understand why you used the suffix {-'a'}.  {nuqneH} is not a
noun or a verb; it stands alone as an exclamation.  There aren't any
suffixes that fit on exclamations, unless you count putting {-Ha'} on
a lone adverbial.

>I'm a brasiliam musician graduating in comunication.

Good for you -- communication is what language is all about!
I understand there is a Portuguese edition of The Klingon Dictionary.
With luck, you will be able to find a copy.

>Qa'pla

Success to *you* in your studies!
(It's spelled {Qapla'}, by the way.)

-- ghunchu'wI'