tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 26 20:11:49 1996

Re: nuqneH!

Jonathan Keiser <[email protected]> writes:
>I am a new subscriber.

ghom Damuv 'e' vIlajneS.
Welcome, honored student.

>I study Egyptology at Brown University
>on my way to my PhD. I was in the Army for 8 years as a Cambodian linguist.
>Linguistics is a hobby and I am a Klingon fanatic. I have loved them ever since
>ST:III.

tlhIngan Hol HaDlu'taHvIS lI'law' Hol QeD Sov.  pIj Hol Sar DIqel.
A background in linguistics can be useful when studying Klingon.
We on this list often talk about features of many natural languages.

>I started out with the original Klingon dictionary and moved on to
>the later version...but I must buy a new one as it is lost (It was signed by
>Marc Okrand...)

Do'Ha'.  (mu'ghommeywIjDaq ghItlhta'mo' je Okrand bIHvaD jIyepqu'.)
That's too bad.  (My dictionaries are also autographed, so I am
very careful with them.)

>well to keep it short...Qapla'

bIghojtaHvIS Qapla' Dachavjaj SoH.
Success to *you*, student!