tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 20 23:24:30 1996

RE: KLBC: SuStel qaD

December 20, 1996 9:00 PM, jatlh Qov:

> Quch Hab
> ------------

[lutHom vIteqta']

> qaStaHvIS rep Suvpu'.
> DaH Doy'taHvIS bavchuq, 'ebmey loStaHvIS.

Oh, that's a cool idea!  Using {bavchuq} "orbit each other" for "they circle
each other."  I have written something with the "they circle each other"
sentence, but the best I could come up with was {yIttaHvIS, gho rur Hechaj}.
[SuStel bonks himself on the head.]

> (3) Flames for my inability to spell batlh'etlh in English should be
> sent by private e-mail only.

Not a flame: "bat'telh" is Paramountese, not English.  Don't worry about it.
I usually spell it betleH.

> po'wI'pu': yIchovqu'qa' Qov luDa Hoch chu'wI'pu' boneHbe'chugh!
> Heh, I get to have my Klingon evaluated, while pretending I'm just
> helping out the beginners. :-)

toH!  bIvalqu'!  'ach HollIj chovnISbe'lu'.  pupba'.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level