tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 20 15:59:27 1996

Re: Klingon CD-ROM,CK & PK- looking for input

> December 18, 1996 1:13 PM, jatlh Syndee Branton:
>
> > This is my first post so please be leniant. I'll make this short and to
> > the point so I dont distract myself.
>
> That's fine!  Klingons always prefer someone who gets right to the point.
> "Straightforwardness."
>
> > I would like to get other people's opinions and perspectives on the
> > Conversational and Power Klingon tapes and possible the cd. Are they
> > good learning tools? Are they easy to follow along with (i.e. they don't
> > jump all over the place) in conjunction with the klingon dictionary?

I would like to comment on the audio tape The Klingon Way.

As mentioned  before in this group it is directly taken from the book of
the same name. The things I like about it that make it different from
other Klingon audio cassettes is:

1) You hear Klingon in a voice other than Marc Okrand. Yes, both Michael
Dorn and Roxann Dawson do *ALL* the Klingon and it is pretty good
pronounciation. I grant you, there was a fair ammount of sound editing
(barely detectable) on Dorns tlhIngan Hol But it is, nonetheless, quite
good. Dawson tends to pronouce each word fairly slower with a great deal
of deliberatness. A good sign of being well coached and having a desire to
do it right.

2) I found the description and analysis of the proverbs engaging. Yes, I
know this was straight from the book but it envolved me and got my blood
screaming!

If anyone from this list is going to a Convention with either Dorn or
Dawson as speakers please ask them how they did this tape and all
the juicy details and report back to us.

> --
> SuStel

taHjaj wo'!

david
--
 David Barron,  [email protected] ||       Hoch lup yIyInqu'
 Klingon Language Postal Course      ||       qaStaHvIS wa' lup

Back to archive top level