tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 19 10:38:04 1996

Re: Klingon message in the book 'Watch me', by A.J. Holt

Senjin Omukae writes:
>Hi,

Hello, and welcome.  batlh bIghojjaj -- may you learn with honor!

>Can anybody tell me what it means... this is the message:
>qaStaJvlS wa'ram LoS SaD Hugh SlijlaH qetbogh loD

Near the bottom of page 171 of The Klingon Dictionary, in the
"Useful Klingon Expressions" appendix, we find:

  qaStaHvIS wa' ram loS SaD Hurgh SIjlaH qetbogh loD
  Four thousand throats may be cut in one night by a running man.

It also appears (with a minor typographical error -- an extra I)
on page 127 of The Klingon Way.

[It's interesting that I never noticed it before, but there is a
space between the word {loS} "four" and the number-forming element
{SaD} "thousand".  I would have expected this to be a single word.
New blood can be so refreshing!]

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level