tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 18 00:20:32 1996

RE: Dr. Okrand Speaks

>In particular, I was simply responding to the example sentences
>that Ken sent to Okrand and I had a
>rising-hair-on-the-back-of-my-neck experience as a reflex
>because his sentences were so fundamentally flawed and there are
>many people here with sufficient expertise to straighten them
>out without bothering Okrand.

I have found you to be very haughty and quite nasty.  It doesn't really bother
me, but
it seem obvious that others find it "unpleasant".

My sentences were written "intentionally" to get specific responses from Dr.
Okrand
on issues that I feel are questionable or unclear.  The tlhIngan-Hol list is
nice, but
as I've stated may times before, you can rant and rave all you want, but when
Dr.
Okrand makes his stance it is for naught.

>I have never enjoyed such casual access to Okrand. I had already
>decided to join MSN and am still waiting for my CD to arrive,
>and I see a newbie pass an ugly pile of words to Okrand and in
>Okrand's response, I get a question answered that I've humbly
>waited about two years to have answered.

Like you are the only "TRUE LOVER" of tlhIngan Hol.  While I haven't "thrown"
my life into tlhIngan Hol, I am far from a NEWBIE.  One of the PERKS of having
Windows 95 and the Microsoft Network is access to Paramounts Star Trek
Continuum.  There hasn't been much activity on the list and I was "MEAGER"
in my entries.  And I don't need your or anyone's permission to use the
service
I pay for.  Okrand can respond or not respond as he likes.  Paramount put him
on the network and he "ASKED" for input.

Chill.

Back to archive top level